November 24, 2010
(Tim sent a short video clip and a voice clip. The voice clip is transcribed at the end of his letter below.)
I’m the best son ever. I sent a voice clip and a little video. I was so pumped when it actually worked. We are doing good here. I could sure use some snow, or a P-day of snow boarding would really be nice, ha. But what can ya do?
I hope you guys hear from Justin soon. I know how Mom is. She doesn’t like that stuff. Here in about a month I’ll be calling home again. Last Christmas Eve I spent in the Nelson Costa house too. I called from the pay phone on the corner so I probably will call from that phone again. That’s kinda ironic. Well we are just peachy here. Love you guys.
Take care.
(Here is the voice clip transcribed. He was talking while they were walking to the internet.)
What up, what up? We’re walking in the street. We’re going to the internet, and thought it would be a good idea … Ahh, just saw a kid block a sweet goal… and we’re going to go use the internet. So I just thought I would drop you guys a line real fast so I could send it. But today was cool. It was our P-day. ??? (Inaudible) We we’re going to go fishing with Juan (sp?) but it rained a little bit. It was funny because Juan just kept saying like “Hey, if you guys want to go, we’ll go in the rain. If you guys don’t want to go, we’ll mark another week.” So we were like alright Juan, we think it would be better to mark another week when it’s not raining. He was like “okay, but we marked for today, so… if you guys wanted to go, I’d go.” So we were like “okay Juan, let’s just go.” And he was like “No, I don’t think today would be good. It’s raining and …”
I don’t know. It was just funny. So then we went home and we tie-died shirts and then we took a napsy, and then we went out in the street and played baseball. And that caught the attention of every young man in Nelson Costa. So they were all just like throwing the baseball around and hitting each other in the head and stuff trying to learn how to play. And then it just... all of a sudden… we had a crowd coming out bringing out guitars, parrots, little sauga jius (sp and meaning?). It was great. It was fun and we were just playing with all the kids for a while, watching them play baseball. We found a stick that we used for a little bat. We took some videos. I’ll try and send one that’s real fast but… So we did that and then we… now we’re just heading to the internet. But it was cool.
We’re going to go out with this woman in our ward tonight, Juili (sp?) and teach a bunch of people. We’ve got some pretty good investigators. We’re teaching this guy named Ed Brazil. He was like a candidate here for the elections. He’s kind of a big deal, and we’re teaching him. He’s loving it. He’s really liking the lessons and everything so… so that was cool. We’re teaching him. We have some other investigators that we’re working with. Hopefully this week we’ll have two baptisms – these kids who’s dad’s inactive. He doesn’t want to come back, but his wife is now going to church. She loves the church. She can’t get baptized because they are not married and he doesn’t want to get married, but her kids are getting baptized. They’re way cool, Kevin and Ingridje (sp?).
So, that’s what we’re up to. I hope everything’s going good with you guys. Things are going super good here. We’re just working hard and loving life so hope you guys have a good one.
Tchau.